Google’s autocomplete feature, sometimes referred to as predictive search, offers great insight into specific questions people have around a particular topic. We recently looked at some predictive search queries centered around the keyword “Nocatee”, and we’ll attempt to answer a few of those questions here.
- What are Nocatee CDD fees?
It’s hard to determine whether people are looking for a specific number here, or just an explanation of CDD fees in general. So let’s tackle both, briefly.
How much a homeowner will pay in CDD fees in Nocatee varies by community and lot size. If you have a lot with larger frontage, you’ll typically pay a bit more in CDD fees.
The CDD fee itself is part of your annual tax bill, and is comprised of two distinct parts. One is the bond fee, which is designed to help pay off the bond floated by the developer to put in the basic infrastructure of the entire community. The second part is for operations and maintenance. This part of the fee pays for ongoing upkeep of all community amenities and infrastructure. These are things like community pools and clubhouses, sports courts and fields, exercise facilities and even landscaping and the like.
These are important distinctions, as it’s not uncommon for a homebuyer to run across a real estate listing that states “CDD bond paid off”. This can be somewhat misleading if you don’t know the two parts of the CDD. In short:
- Part 1 of the CDD is the actual bond portion, which is finite, and can be paid off.
- Part 2 of the CDD is the operations and maintenance, which is ongoing, and cannot be paid off in one lump sum.
- What County is Nocatee In?
There’s a common misconception that Nocatee is located solely within St. Johns County, Florida. In fact, approximately 15% of Nocatee is in Duval County, including Nocatee’s newest community, Timberland Ridge. Other communities in Duval county are:
- Cypress Trails
- The Villas
- The Palms
- Artisan Lakes
- How Far is Nocatee from the Beach?
From the Nocatee Town Center to the beach at Mickler’s Landing, it’s just under six miles.
- When is the Nocatee Farmer’s Market?
The Nocatee Farmer’s Market takes place the 3rd Saturday of every month. Currently, the Farmer’s Market takes place on the field behind Publix, but once the new Spray Water Park is completed in 2018, behind the Jr. Olympic pool, the Farmer’s Market and other larger scale events will move to that area, as well.
- So, tell us…do you have specific questions about Nocatee that you’d like to have answered? Contact us with your questions (or leave them in the comments) and we’ll give you the very latest and greatest info about Nocatee, the 3rd best-selling master planned community in the nation.